Friday, September 19, 2008

ACEOs

I've started a new series of ACEOs - "America the Beautiful".

Before I talk about these little paintings in particular, let me explain ACEOs for some who may have never heard of such things. (I guess I'll put the America the Beautiful ACEOs in another post.)
ACEO is an abreviation for Art Cards Editions and Originals. Here is a good explanation I found at Associated Content.

"ACEOs are collectible little pieces of art. An ACEO is always two and one-half inches by three and one-half inches. That is the size of a standard sports trading card. The rule about size is the ONLY rule in the ACEO world. An ACEO can be created in any medium the artist desires: paint, colored pencils, ink, etc. There are even ACEOs made from wood, clay, fabric, and metal.

ACEOs are tiny art works that can be matted and framed to hang on the wall. Many people display their ACEO collections in the same kind of plastic sheets and albums that sports card collectors use. You might slip an ACEO into a greeting card as an extra surprise for a birthday, anniversary, or Christmas. ACEOs sell on Ebay for anywhere from ninety-nine cents to over one hundred dollars or more!"

Hahaha! So, if you want to save the Ebay fees and trouble, just send me a hundred dollars and I'll send you one of my ACEOs!


The pictures in this post are of watercolor ACEOs I made last year. They were painted on watercolor papaer and then mounted to a playing card. I sold a few of them. These are still in my Etsy shop http://www.bearhollowcreations.etsy.com/

No comments: