Saturday, February 7, 2009

A New Set of Musical ACEOs

YEAH! I've finally had some time to do some painting.

Here's something fun I just completed - a set of matching (sorta) ACEOs.

Here's how I made them.

I began by painting an abstract painting. I've just purchased a book about painting abstracts. You can read about it here. Painting Abstracts

Then I painted some long curved piano keyboards. My wife thought it looked really cool, but I had other plans for it.



I then mounted playing cards (which I do for all of my ACEOs) on the back of the painting not being too concerned about where exactly they ended up.

After that, I cut them all out.


I think they ended up looking really great! I think they would make a perfect gift for a musician in your life.
You'll be able to find these in my Etsy shop http://www.bearhollowcreations.etsy.com/

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Those are SO cool Lydel!!! And I love how you shared your creating process too! Fantstic!
~Melanie

Jean Levert Hood said...

Simply love them, Lyndel!! And I see the book you showed in your last post is available through your link for Amazon! Wonderful. I think I'm going to have to have that book!

Schar Freeman said...

Wonderful that you shared how you did these Lyndel...what fun! I love them all! Paint ON!

Julie B said...

Thanks for sharing your process, Lyndel. I love the rich colours in these aceo's, and the movement the keyboard creates. I like the idea of mounting them on playing cards!

Debi Rice, otherwise known as Sparky! said...

Have added your blog to my blog list... Thanks for sharing the fun technique!
Great stuff on your blog!!!
Much appreciate the 'sharing of'...
it gets people into art!

Debi ...

artbylmr said...

This is a great post- I love these! Have you gotten through the abstract book? You can teach me when you are done..

Lynne