Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Take the Quiz

Here's a little art quiz for you. How are these two paintings alike? There are ten points possible. You get points for each correct guess, so think of several ways that they are alike.
Treble Clef

Untitled (so far) Suggestions?

Here are some of the answers I thought of and how many points you get for each.
Someone said, "What do you get if you win?"
Glory. That's always worth something.


If you said:

They are both by Lyndel Littleton you get 1 pt for guessing something probably obvious (since it is my art blog).

They are both beautiful - 2 pts for brown nosing and also being correct. :)

They are both abstract - only 1 pt for guessing something reallly obvious.

They are both painted with acrylic paint - 2 pts since the top one looks like it could be water color.

They are both painted with brushes - you lose 2 pts. The bottom one was painted with a pallete knife.

They are both in Lyndel's Etsy shop www.bearhollowcreations.etsy.com - zero points. They aren't there now but will probably end up there.

They were painted with the same paints - 4 pts! Good call. Here are the paints I used for both paintings. Go back and look again. Cool, huh? You can spend a ton of money buying all kinds of tubes of paint to get lots of different colors, or you can just get the basic primary colors plus white and mix your own!



Basics by Liquitex - Cadmium Red Deep Hue, Cobalt Blue Hue, Cadmium Yellow Medium Hue, Hooker's Green Hue Permanent, and Titanium White. I really like this paint. It's nice and thick and creamy and mixes beautifully.

Now go to the poll over there on the side and enter how many points you got. You can leave a comment if you want to share your opinion about the quiz or the answers and points. You may have thought of something else and want to get credit.

3 comments:

Linda Hammelman said...

Fun quiz, Lyndell. I got all into shapes, design, palette, etc. I cheated and gave myself 4 points for the same paint because I thought same palette. Anyway, I just bought the same set of Basics for my foray into acrylics. Thanks for the tips. P.S. Are you one of those people who only needs 4 hours of sleep per night?

R Lyndel Littleton said...

I suppose that really isn't cheating. Same palette is pretty much the same as saying same paint. I try to get 7 hours - try. But I often wake up with a thousand things going on in my head and I toss and turn and toss and turn.

Daniel and Christy Davis said...

I almost gave myself 7 points, but took away two because I knew they were both the same kind of paint but I said both watercolor instead of both acrylic...not good with painting terms yet. But I figured out you used the same colors in both and that they were abstract.